Monday, February 11, 2008

Email From BAA

It's official, I'm in:

Dear Scott Turco,
This is to notify you that your entry into the 112th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 21, 2008 has been accepted. You can verify your acceptance into the field by searching the 112th Boston Marathon "Entrants" database on the B.A.A. web site, www.baa.org/2008/cf/Public/EntryLists.cfm. Additionally, an acceptance postcard will be mailed to you via US Postal Service mail. In early April 2008, an official Number Pick-up Card and extensive information regarding the B.A.A. Boston Marathon and related race week activities will be mailed to you via US Postal Service first class mail. If you do not receive your Number Pick-up Card (required to claim number) and brochure by April 11, please contact our Registration Office at registration@baa.org. Registration related inquiries may also be directed to 508-435-6905. Note that bib numbers will not be distributed on Race Day. Your travel arrangements should take into account picking up your number at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston on Friday, April 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., or Saturday, April 19 or Sunday, April 20 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you in April! Best of luck in your training!
Sincerely,
Boston Athletic Association

11 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Sweet! U racing it or going to enjoy it...some race reports I have read in the past said it was hard enough getting in, I am going to go and SOAK up the atmosphere and not knock myself out.

Either way its going to be awesome! Congrats!

Scott said...

I'm going to enjoy it and soak it in and treat it as a reward for all the training. My focus really is on my first 100 (VT in July)

Wildefrost said...

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! That's awesome kid!! Tell Ciara that yes they are best friends, and they can't wait to meet their two cousins.

TonyP said...

Congrats !

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

My focus really is on my first 100 (VT in July)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Awesome Scott... Now I am SO now running expert BUT I am very good at the Monday Morning Quarterback--LOL

SO what I have read over the past year on FAST peeps like yourself who venture on to the 100 milers... IS they FALL behind on their FUEL & BONK....

Geesh Bob, Don't jinx the guy... EXACTLY why I am telling you now, so you can practice what works best for you on fueling and also CLOSE it out the Second half of the 100 and not go out to Fast on ur first ...which is ur nature. Cause no doubt u can do 20 hours Bro...U have two out of three down...physical toughness & Mental, whats missing is the FUEL ...and that I feel is the toughest part & lastly even the BEST of the BEST BONK so we need LUCK that day as well--LOL

Ur going to ROCK VT!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Now I am SO "NO" running expert

Scott said...

First, let me say it's odd to be referred to as fast. As my training partner and I say "It ain't pretty." We're more like buffaloes than cheetahs. I couldn't agree more with you on the pacing and fueling!

TonyP said...

Scott - Let me know if you decide to do 50 on the hop river trail at some point - I may want to join you if you have room for another.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

3:14:46 ummm that's fast Bro--lol OK well not ELITE (do u feel better now--haha) but fast.


buffaloes than cheetahs--HAHA

OK ur slowing up my blog comments, I could be on another blog now if I didn't have to type in this Word Verification crapOla

Here my post on this WV option. CLICK HERE

I get NO spams, well I can't remember the last spam.

Scott said...

Bob, Didn't even realize it was a setting that could be changed. That word verification is annoying. It's off! Thanks.

Anthony, Sounds good! Would be cool if you joined us!